Located not an hour south of the amazing foodie destination of San Francisco, California, Half Moon Bay has the privilege of being influenced by the city’s great food culture – and it shows in the many wonderful restaurants near Half Moon Bay. Whether you are looking to explore the tastes of local seafood at the best restaurants in Half Moon Bay for seafood, experience the farm to table movement so famously embraced in Northern California (with a meal or a visit to the Coastside Farmer’s Market), or just want a comforting meal by the ocean, you’ll love what the restaurants near Half Moon Bay have to offer. Be sure to explore our exhaustive list of restaurants in Half Moon Bay CA.
Restaurants Near Half Moon Bay
- Barbara’s Fishtrap – This coast side classic serves many house specialties on their extensive menu of fresh fish straight from the Princeton Harbor. Half Moon Bay has long been known as a fishing port and promises visitors the treat of the lastest catch straight from the sea.
- India Beach – One of the newest restaurants near Half Moon Bay, India Beach is restaurateur Babu Singh’s latest Bay Area establishment. Known for their mouth-watering clay oven-baked dishes, this is a wonderful option for Indian food in the area and will be both affordable and authentic.
- Flavor – Serving up the ultimate California comfort food, this is the perfect place for a great meal on the water if you happen to be hanging out around Pillar Point Harbor. With and ocean view patio, you’ll thoroughly enjoy your yummy meal at Flavor.
- Half Moon Bay Brewing Company – One of the staple restaurants near Half Moon Bay, both for their delicious and upscale take on the typical bar menu, their craft beers, and the sweeping ocean views, the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is a must when you are looking for a meal in the area. Located just out of town, it’s the perfect bike ride up the Coastal California trail for lunch or dinner.
- Chez Shea – Known for the eclectic menu featuring local organic food, Chez Shea offers flavors from around the world in their quaint little dining room perfect for a romantic night out.
- Moss Beach Distillery – This is a historic ocean view dining room and, therefore, one of the best restaurants near Half Moon Bay for both the food they offer and the ambiance that accompanies it. Come take in a delicious meal or grab a cocktail on the patio, and don’t forget to ask your server about the Moss Beach Distillery ghost!
- Sam’s Chowder House – Don’t forget about Sam’s Chowder House for the premier fresh seafood dining experience among restaurants near Half Moon Bay. Grab a seat at the bar, in the dining room, or on the oceanfront patio, and see what the fisherman have caught today on this fresh-as-can-be menu. After your meal take a walk on the beach just steps away from your seat.
There is absolutely no way you will go hungry while visiting with all these amazing restaurants near Half Moon Bay, and we’ve really only begun to uncover the extensive dining options. Eating in Northern California is always a treat and a motivation for many visitors to this portion of the coast long known for valuing food. There are so many Half Moon Bay restaurants to try, you’re always guaranteed a great meal here!
For more ideas of things to do while in the area, check out this free Half Moon Bay vacation guide!