Half Moon Bay, CA has a unique combination of beautiful surroundings, great culture and amazing beaches. The Mill Rose Inn knows how special the area is and wants to share the joys of Half Moon Bay with our guests. We love recommending favorite places to socialize and experience the Half Moon Bay way of life. A great local spot to hang out for great beer, food and atmosphere is Half Moon Bay Brewing Company. This brewery and restaurant has an amazing outside deck with views of the harbor along with live music and captivating events. Travel + Leisure magazine even chose Half Moon Bay Brewing Company one of America’s Best Beach Bars in 2011.
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company has a total of seven craft beers at the moment, including special “Session Beers” that have a lower alcohol content. The Session Beers are popular amongst athletes like runners and cyclists who want to partake in great, flavorful beer while still enjoying an active lifestyle. The brewery also offers beers and ales to go in bottles, 6-packs, growlers and 5 gallon kegs.
The seven “crafty” (beer) reasons to visit Half Moon Bay Brewing Company are:
- Mavericks Bootlegger’s Brown Ale : An English-style ale with a light body, slightly sweet and malty flavor. Beautiful copper brown in color.
- Maverick’s Big Break Ale: This golden colored ale is brewed with European malt and hops. A Half Moon Bay Brewing Company favorite, it has a remarkably lager-like flavor even though its an ale and finishes clean.
- Mavericks Amber Ale: This classic amber ale has a balanced yet robust flavor created by a blend of four malts and cascade hops. Winner of the Bronze Award at the World Beer Cup.
- Mavericks Princeton-By-The-Sea IPA: A golden orange India Pale Ale made with seven different kinds of hops. The flavors include grapefruit and pine.
- Pace Setter Belgian Style Witt: A witbier, or “white beer” is a Belgian variety brewed with barley and wheat. Lemon peel is added to the traditional orange peel and coriander spices.
- Back in the Saddle Rye Pale Ale: A combination of classic English pale ale malt and American hops makes a “highly drinkable, satisfying pale ale, with the subtle accent of spicy rye malt.”
- Pit Stop Chocolate Porter: A dry porter with roasted barley malts and raw cocoa beans, it has subtle flavors of dark chocolate.
But those aren’t the only reasons you should pay Half Moon Bay Brewing Company a visit. The restaurant has a menu of fresh takes on American classics including soup and salads, burgers, seafood, sandwiches and deserts. There is also some southwest fare like tacos and tostadas. Live music and events are a regular occurrence at Half Moon Bay Brewing Company. Brews and Views allows visitors to enjoy a cold beer and take in a talk on American politics. Live music from popular local bands is scheduled each weekend, so plan to grab a bite and listen to some good tunes.
When you’re picking out which craft beers to sample at Half Moon Bay Brewing Company, don’t forget to book your stay at Mill Rose Inn. Our Half Moon Bay bed and breakfast has decadent rooms and suites that exude European elegance and offer modern luxurious amenities to guests. Relax in the Garden Jacuzzi or bask in the beautiful colors of our extensive gardens. And of course, each stay includes a gourmet champagne breakfast each morning so you’ll have the energy to take on the adventures of the day.
Photo courtesy Don Debold.